In a movie, music can make or break a scene. Similarly, the right vacation music can elevate and enhance not only the mood of the moment, but also the whole vacation experience. In our quest to make sure each and every Opal vacation is memorable in all the right ways, we’ve handcrafted the perfect vacation playlist for five very different vacation experiences below. From a lazy beach vacation in Florida to an adventure-packed weekend in Acadia to a cozy romantic getaway in the Adirondacks, our playlists will serve as your very own personal vacation soundtrack.
To take a listen, check out Opal Collection’s new Spotify station for these and other playlists!
Quintessential Beach Vacation Playlist [Delray Beach, FL]
Ahh, the sun, the sand, and the warm, sparkling waters of the Atlantic. A beach vacation at Delray Sands Resort is all about seclusion, set on mile upon mile of beach, and few distractions. It’s time to relax and settle into your lounge chair (or private cabana) with this mix of happy, laid-back indie tunes. Press pause for drink refills and dips in the ocean.
- “Riptide,” Vance Joy
- “Dancing On The Sun,” Bahari
- “She Moves In Her Own Way,” The Kooks
- “Around the World,” Kings of Leon
- “Geography,” Thao & The Get Down Stay Down
- “Dearly Departed,” Shakey Graves
- “All The Time,” Bahamas
- “Let’s Be Still,” The Head and The Heart
- “Wildfire,” Mandolin Orange
- “Love On The Weekend,” John Mayer
Active Adventure in Downeast Maine Playlist [Bar Harbor, ME]
On Mount Desert Island, home to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, there’s no shortage of active adventures to be had. Whether you plan to hike up Cadillac Mountain, bike the Carriage Roads, or climb the pink granite rock faces that loom above ocean waves crashing directly below, this mix of upbeat songs will keep tempo with a quickened pulse.
- “Run Wild,” Laney Jones
- “Howlin’ For You,” The Black Keys
- “Shots,” Imagine Dragons
- “HandClap,” Fitz and The Tantrums
- “Are You Gonna Go My Way,” Lenny Kravitz
- “All Day and All Of The Night,” The Kinks
- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl,” Jet
- “My Body,” Young the Giant
- “Stomp,” The Stone Foxes
- “What You Know,” Two Door Cinema Club
Romantic Getaway Playlist [Lake Placid, NY]
At the Lake Placid Lodge, no one’s going to blame you for refusing to get out of bed until lunchtime. And this is the place for your dream-big romantic retreat. This vacation playlist, filled with soft, sweet songs, is the perfect background soundtrack to your unhurried conversations.
- “The Only Exception,” Paramore
- “Romeo And Juliet,” Dire Straits
- “Sweet Love of Mine (Acoustic),” Joy Williams
- “I’m So In Love With You,” Jill Andrews featuring Seth Avett
- “Somebody to Love,” Valerie June
- “Left Handed Kisses,” Andrew Bird
- “Leather and Lace,” Stevie Nicks with Don Henley
- “Where My Hands Might Go,” Songs of Boda
- “Wake Me,” Mandolin Orange
- “Dreams,” LEON
Where to Stay Lake Placid Lodge
The Grown-Up Spring Break Playlist [Treasure Island, FL]
Spring break isn’t just for college kids. If you’re escaping a cold, snowy winter to relax somewhere warm, this happy playlist is going to take you back and get your toes tapping in the sand before a laid-back finish with some slow tunes perfect for drifting off to under that beach umbrella.
- “September,” Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Superstition,” Stevie Wonder
- “Walking on Broken Glass,” Annie Lenox
- “Bad Self Portraits,” Lake Street Dive
- “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” Joe Cocker
- “Young Americans,” David Bowie
- “Cecelia.” Simon & Garfunkel
- “1234,” Feist
- “Boom Clap,” Lennon & Maisy
- “I’m On Fire,” Corey Harper
Where to Stay Treasure Island Beach Resort
The Family Reunion Playlist [Rockport, ME]
With a little something for every generation, this playlist is packed with vacation music sure to please everyone from Grandma to the school-aged kids running around the Samoset Resort’s Ultimate Backyard. Or romping in the zero-entry pool that overlooks Rockland Breakwater. Kick off your shoes, find a patch of soft, green grass, and relax as you take turns keeping an eye on the kids with your siblings.
- “Hot Fun In The Summertime,” Sly & The Family Stone
- “Paradise,” Coldplay
- “Sweet Caroline,” Neil Diamond
- “Shake It Out,” Florence + The Machine
- “Wherever Is Your Heart,” Brandi Carlisle
- “Good Vibrations,” The Beach Boys
- “Man Like That,” Gin Wigmore
- “ABC,” The Jackson 5
- “One Way or Another,” Blondie
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Where to Stay Samoset Resort
Think you like what you would hear? Take a listen on Opal Collection’s new Spotify station for these and other playlists.