Where will your Florida vacation take you? We make your decision easy by highlighting five draws at every Opal destination in the Sunshine state.
- Caladesi Island State Park, voted Florida’s best beach multiple times.
- The Clearwater Marine Aquarium, home to movie star dolphin Winter.
- Pier 60, where sunsets, flame-juggling buskers, and live music meet every night.
- In nearby St. Pete, the mind-bending Salvador Dali Museum that celebrates the famed artist.
- The 42-mile scenic Pinellas Trail, best tackled by bicycle and with a camera.
- Trendy, upscale dining at hot spots like Latitudes, City Oyster, and 50 West.
- The shops and nightlife along bustling, lively Atlantic Avenue.
- Performances, art exhibits, and events daily in Old School Square.
- The endlessly explorable Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens.
- Garlic Fest, unquestionably the largest (and tastiest!) celebration of the herb you’ll ever attend.
Where to Stay Delray Sands Resort
- Raucous celebrations all year, from Hemingway Days to a twist on Mardi Gras.
- Tremendous wreck diving, including a search for the lost.
- Dry Tortugas National Park, accessible only by boat or seaplane, offering great snorkeling and remote beach time.
- Shopping, cigars, and bars galore along Duval Street.
- Distinct local flavor (and great restaurants) in Key West’s Old Town.
- The Everglades and Big Cypress, two of the largest, wildest national parks in America.
- The delicious, seaside Stone Crab Festival every year.
- Some of the finest shopping south of 5th Avenue.
- Plenty of alfresco café hopping.
- The Naples Zoo, full of Everglades fauna like rescued panthers, and a feisty honey badger or two.
Where to Stay Edgewater Beach Hotel
North Palm Beach
- Family-friendly attractions from state parks to fairgrounds.
- Great dive spots away from the crowds.
- A golf mecca on Florida’s east coast, featuring 33 courses within 20 miles.
- More than a dozen concert halls and theaters, for those with a passion for music and performing arts.
- Worth Avenue, with high-end shopping options underneath a historic clock tower
Where to Stay Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa
- A rich circus history, the home of the famed Ringling Bros.
- More than a dozen golf courses right on the coast.
- Upscale, walkable shopping centers, like nearby Amands Circle.
- Marine life everywhere, with the opportunity to hand-feed sharks at Mote Marine Laboratory.
- You can gawk at John Lennon’s Mercedes-Benz and dozens of vintage cars at the Sarasota Classic Car Museum.
- A throwback Florida bar scene full of live music, strong cocktails, and dancing with sand beneath your toes.
- Beach scenes for every visitor, from quiet sands on the island’s tips to a bustling downtown stretch.
- Parasailing and paragliding over the channel, with a half-dozen outfits from which to choose.
- Boca Ciega Bay Aquatic Reserve, home to huge coral reefs and an array of wildlife.
- Historic, easy-to-explore Egmont Key, a half-hour boat ride away.
Where to Stay Treasure Island Beach Resort